Site Rules Induction: All personnel delivering to the show must have been inducted with the Site Rules prior to arrival.
NEC Event Delivery System: Any contractor or exhibitor making deliveries to the halls during build-up are required to book a delivery slot in advance and print off a delivery pass. Bookings are made direct with the NEC via their Voyage Control site. Once you have created an account, you can make single or multiple bookings and the site will show all available time slots for you to choose from. You will be emailed a booking pass which you must print off and take to the NEC with you. Official courier vehicles are exempt from this booking requirement.
|Book via Voyage Control||Get more information|
When you arrive at the NEC, please ensure you have your booking pass with you. You should report to South 3 Lorry Park from where you will be directed down to the halls for unloading. Once unloaded, you should remove your vehicle from the halls and park, free of charge, in one of the NEC car parks – traffic marshals will direct you to those being used.
Time periods allowed for unloading depend upon your vehicle size:
- Car and vehicles up to two tons: one hour from the time of entry to the controlled inner area
- Vehicles over two tons: two hours
- Articulated vehicles: three hours
Rules and advice:
- All stock and materials should be unloaded and taken to the stand as quickly as possible. Vehicles must then be removed to the free outer car parks or taken off site
- Hi-Vis must be worn by all personnel in the loading bays when outside their vehicles
- Vehicles may not be parked on red lines or hatched areas unless permitted to do so by the NEC traffic staff
- The maximum speed limit of 15mph must be observed at all times on the NEC inner roads
- Traffic marshals control the flow of traffic on-site and must be co-operated with at all times. Build-up and breakdown are busy periods and delays are inevitable – marshals are there to assist with this
- Agility is the official lifting contractor and should be contacted if mechanical offloading / lifting is required. No other company is permitted to operate mechanical lifting equipment on-site
- Trolleys are not provided by the venue and your delivery company is therefore required to supply their own if required
Additional Information, Friday 16 September
There will be a lot of vehicles making deliveries to the show on this day and the NEC will therefore operate the Deposit System to ensure traffic keeps flowing efficiently. Details are:
- All vehicles will first report to South 3
- People who have pre-booked will enter the Fast Track Lane
- People who have not pre-booked will park up and go to the kiosk to pay a £75 deposit.
- Your vehicle will then be sent down to the Controlled Inner Area for unloading and provided you exit within the allocated time, you will not be charged the deposit (advance bookers) or have your deposit returned to you.
- Should a driver find that they are unable to make the delivery within the allocated time through no fault of their own, they should inform the NEC traffic staff who will contact the Traffic Supervisor
From mid July you can pre-book online. The benefits of doing this are:
- You can use the Fast Track lane on arrival - getting you to the hall faster
- You don't need to queue at the kiosk to pay
- There is no need to send in a cheque in advance
- Leave within the allocated time and no deposit is charged
- Once unloaded, there is no need to return to the Lorry Park - just remove your vehicle to one of the exhibitor / contractor car parks or leave site. The vehicle is automatically checked out by ANPR camera when it leaves the inner area via the gate house