Northern Lights Explorer (22 days) - Save up to 20%
Shorter days in the high latitudes means darkening evening skies, so on this voyage we stay close to the coastlines of the Arctic Circle, skirting around the Norwegian and Greenland seas, and exploring remote islands and villages of the region. As night falls, we look skywards hoping to catch the magic of the northern lights.
Scientifically known as the aurora borealis, this spectacular natural phenomenon offers a surreal light display as vibrant hues of blue, green, pink and violet dance across the night sky. Places located near the Arctic Circle such as northern Norway, Iceland and Greenland, are some of the best places in the world to witness this stunning light show.
- Sail in the region renown for the dazzling light show that is the aurora borealis
- Just south of the Arctic Circle, explore Vega Island, an important centre for the production of eider duck down and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Attempt to land on Jan Mayen, home to Mount Beerenberg, the northernmost active volcanic in the world
- Discover the world’s largest fjord system at Greenland’s Scoresbysund, an unbeatable place to photograph dazzling icebergs
- Iceland’s remote Westfjords offer hikes among splendid scenery where you will barely see another soul